We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice provides information on how DF/MEXICO, a trading division of Oaxaca Limited (referred to in this notice as "DF/MEXICO", “we” or “us”), collects and uses personal data relating to users (referred to in this notice as "you") of the website, http://www.dfmexico.co.uk, and related services (together referred to in this policy as the "Services").
This notice is version 2.0 and was last updated on 23rd May 2018.
1. WHO ARE DF/MEXICO?
DF/MEXICO is a trading division of Oaxaca Limited, which is a company registered in England and Wales with company number: 05836870.
DF/MEXICO acts as the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 & 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) regarding the use of your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
You can contact DF/MEXICO using the details provided in paragraph 10 below.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal and non-personal information from you when you contact us or use our Services:
· identity & contact information such as name, age, email addresses, telephone numbers;
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
· other information you provide to us in customer surveys, competitions and/or offers;
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your login information; browser type & version; time zone setting; browser plug-in types & versions; operating system and platform.
We may also collect information about you from other sources. This may include:
· publicly available information, from sources such as Companies House & the Electoral Roll;
· information you have shared publicly, including on social media; and
· information from third party databases or data suppliers.
3. WHAT WE USE THIS DATA FOR?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your personal data by signing up to our Services, or because it is in our legitimate interests.
Primarily, we will use the personal data that we collect to provide the Services. However, we may also use this personal data for:
· internal analysis and statistics including demographics and page views;
· improving our products and the Services;
· sending you marketing communications by email; and market research.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time. Please contact us on the contact details in paragraph 10 below if you wish to do so.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal data for the purposes outlined in paragraph 3 above to selected third parties, including:
· service providers and professional advisers; and
· any investor, lender, purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely investor in, or purchaser of DF/MEXICO’s business.
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
· required by law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings;
· necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public;
· necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
· proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
5. STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is stored in electronic and physical records, which are maintained by us and/or our service providers. Whilst we are based in the UK, our service providers may have servers located overseas, where the laws may not give the same level of protection to personal data as within the UK.
By submitting your personal data, you agree that we may transfer, store or process your personal data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website and any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your personal data for as long as you are a user of our Services. You may request that your personal data is deleted at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph 10 below.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data:
· the right to be informed about our collection & use of your personal data;
· the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
· the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you;
· the right to erasure of your personal data;
· the right to have your personal data transferred to you or a third party in a common format(data portability);
· the right to object to direct marketing;
· the right to object to our use of your data for particular purposes; and
· the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the platforms that we, or our partners, use to collect your personal data. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph 10 below.
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in paragraph 10 below and we will seek to resolve your complaint. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please visit the ICO’s website http://www.ico.org.uk for further information about your rights and if you wish to lodge a complaint.
7. REMOVAL OF YOUR DETAILS
You may request removal of your personal information or opt out of marketing communications from us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may, however, retain certain anonymised aspects of your personal details for our internal business purposes such as maintaining records of our dealings with you and analysis and statistics.
8. ACCESS TO YOUR DETAILS
If you would like to access a copy of any personal data that we hold about you, or if you wish to change your consent regarding email marketing communications, please send a request by email or by post using the contact details in section 10 below.
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to DF/MEXICO processing your personal data or to request that your personal data is corrected or deleted. Please contact us to discuss this as required.
9. HANDLING CHILDREN’S DATA
We do not target advertising at children, and we always encourage parental supervision of minors whilst using our website. Children under the age of 14 should not provide their personal data to us for marketing purposes.
If you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data by DF/MEXICO, please contact us on the following contact details:
Oaxaca Limited, 119 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8UL